Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Logan's special painted flower pot.
No 'Lion' You're the best!Logan and mom

At daycare, they have "Muffins with Mom" on the Friday before Mother's Day. Last Friday was my last "Muffins with Mom.", since Logan will be going to school in the fall. It was a little bittersweet. I'm going to miss all the special crafts that they make at daycare - the teachers always make sure Mother's Day is special. I'm not going to miss making that monthly payment to the daycare, however. Logan's teacher, Mrs. Annette, said that Logan proudly painted my flower pot life a giraffe. It was truly one of a kind. Of course, I am very proud of it. I have nine other hand-painted Mother's Day flower pots proudly displayed in my office. I don't remember the count from each child, but they are all priceless.

Neil cooked for me on Saturday and Sunday, but I had to buy myself a gift. I purchased a very comfy pair of Yellow Box flip-flops. Logan made Neil pick out a singing card for me - which was very cute. Logan wanted to keep the card for himself later. :) The girls made me some special cards at church and Lindsey made me a few other cards and certificates at school. I have already cashed in a few for hugs and kisses.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

oh how SWEET!! I love the stuff my kids make at daycare too - especially at mothers day!

You had to buy your own mother's day gift?? ;)

Kristin said...

Yes, I love the items that they make at daycare. They really spend a lot of time working with the kids.

Yes, I really had to buy my own gift.

Neil said...

I can say that I doubt you would have gotten your sandals if I had picked your gift... What are the chances I could have picked them. I did get you a singing card, though.