Yesterday, Lauren graduated from Kitty Stone Elementary School. I really didn't expect it to bother me, but as I was sitting there during the ceremony, it hit me that my child was leaving the safety of the elementary school and heading into another chapter of her life - Junior High School. The thought of it terrifies me. For whatever reason, I felt that she was safe while she was in elementary school, but I don't have those same feelings about sending her to Junior High. Maybe it is because she will technically be at the High School, but just in another building on the campus.Lauren received a ribbon and a certificate for AB Honor Roll, a pin and a certificate for the Presidential Academic Excellence Award, and a certificate for citizenship (basically this is a good conduct award). She also received an Elementary School Diploma.
Congratulations, Lauren. Mom and Dad are very proud of you.
4 comments:
Lots of changes for our household. Not ready for some of them. I felt the same way.
awww! wow. I can totalllllly understand how you must feel. It's so hard to feel like you are "letting go" just a bit more. ((((Hugs))))
Kristin, Lauren looks so grown up in her dress and heels! She's grown into a gorgeous young lady! I'm sure I'll be feeling the same way one of these days!
Wow, she looks so grown up! Good luck with jr. high. I can't believe she's already graduated elementary school.
Post a Comment