Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surprise!

Why does forty seem so old?  Not sure, but I do distinctly remembering having a discussion when I was in junior high about turning thirty in the year 2000.  Of course, this conversation started after hearing the song "1999" by Prince.  We all scrunched up our noses as we thought, "Wow!  We are going to be ancient by 2000."  So, what does it mean when you turn forty?  You are really ancient?  Anyway, one nice little thing about turning forty - your family will go to great lengths to surprise you.  And my family did just that!

We always get together with Neil's family for the 4th of July, so I thought nothing of the fact we were going to Heather and Chris' house for our annual celebration.  Little did I know that Neil had invited my mom and dad, my sister, and several friends from church and work to show up for the surprise.  Needless to say, I was speechless.  It was a wonderful surprise and I feel very blessed and loved.  I still feel a little ancient, however.  Especially after battling those forty candles!  ;-)

I'm glad that the 40 candles didn't burn Heather and Chris' carport down!
Several friends and family kept this secret from me.  I'm still not sure how.    



At the end of the evening, the guys did their annual firework show.  This was probably the best show so far!  Thanks for the special surprise party!  Maybe I am ancient, but I know that I am loved.  :-)

No comments: