Monday, July 21, 2008

Panama City Beach

We had a great week at the beach. We have been going to Panama City Beach, Florida for several years and I don't think I have ever seen the water so clear.

We got to see several firework displays - right off our balcony.

The kids enjoyed lots of swimming and playing in the sand.


Logan pretending to be a crab.

Although they tried, they never did reach China. ;)

We saw a dolphin show - right from our beach chairs.

Later in the week we did a sand sculpture of a dolphin. We didn't win the contest but we had fun! Emily was the master designer. I was her assistant. Lauren, Emily, Braxton, Callie, Lindsey, and Logan all helped. Logan didn't want his picture taken. Can you tell?

We went to Margaritaville and found the "Lost Shaker of Salt." My kids had no clue what that was.

We even played Putt-Putt when it was way too hot to be playing.

Mike taught Logan how to swim. Yea! No more floaties.

And we took some pictures of the extended family. Neil thought we looked like geeks, but I think the pictures turned out really nice. Unfortunately, my digital camera accidentially got changed to a lower setting, so all my digital pictures are very low quality. We did take some pictures with my film camera, so I am hoping that those will turn out well.


7 comments:

Neil said...

True... I do think the white shirt/khaki combo is a bit geeky, but, I never said that I don't like the pictures. In fact, I think the pictures are the best family pictures we've made in a long time.

Also... I am a geek, so how can I not look geeky?

Great trip!

Kristin said...

I do think the pictures turned out well. And we all know that you are a geek. :)

Traci said...

Great photos! I cracked up about the salt shaker. I love the dolphin too.

Kristin said...

I just had to add the salt shaker picture. We enjoyed the restaurant. It was very kid-friendly.

Jodi said...

Great photos Kristin! Your photos are making me miss the ocean!

Jessica said...

Oh Kristin, these are such BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! The family pictures definitely deserve a frame! You all look like you had so much fun.... thanks for sharing! :)

Kristin said...

Thanks Jodi and Jessica! We had a great time and I'm already wishing that I was back on the beach!