Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

With this post, I have officially completed my first year of blogging. Some friends twisted my arm to start this blog and I never thought I would make it this far, but I have somehow managed to stick with it! I'm not the creative writer in the family, so I appreciate those of you who have stuck with me this past year!

This year for Easter, I actually purchased new outfits for the kids. Last year, we were in our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class and we were on a very, very tight budget. This year, the budget is still tight, but I couldn't go two years in a row without new Easter outfits. Don't tell Dave! My dress on the other hand, is eight years old. Maybe that makes up for the money I spent on the kids! Ha-ha!
My two guys
Lauren
Lindsey
Logan
Logan was too funny when we were shopping for Easter clothes. At first I asked if he wanted a new shirt and he said no. Then he spotted this outfit and just had to have it. He was so excited about this outfit, that we just had to buy it for him. I was trying to save some money by just buying a new shirt, but we ended up with a whole new outfit! He was so excited to wear it that he wanted to wear it two Sundays in row.

Over the Easter weekend, we did manage to dye three dozen eggs, collect a nice stash of candy, served/attended three services at EaglePoint, participated in a few egg hunts and survived the crazy Alabama springtime weather.

Lauren, Lindsey, Braxton, Callie and Logan ready for the egg hunt!
Logan checking for prizes in the eggs.
Knox was too cute running to find the eggs. Here is Logan, Lindsey, Reagan, Lauren, Haley and Knox "counting" their eggs.

Good Friday brought several opportunities for me to reflect on the sacrifice that Jesus Christ, My Savior, made for me. I am so thankful for salvation I have received, but definitely did not deserve! I am thankful that on the third day, the grave was empty and that Jesus sits at the right hand of God! He is alive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Easter pics! The girls look beautiful of course and Logan is QUITE dapper! You and Neil don't look so bad yourselves! Happy blog anniversary! I need to look and see when mine is! I think I'll do something special for my 100th post as well! :)

Kristin said...

Thanks! Your kids looked very cute in their Easter outfits. I hoped you all survived the dash from one campus to the other.

Jessica said...

Kristin, I love these Easter pictures, your family is beautiful!!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Jessica!